Website Execz Exeutive Placements®
Execz Exeutive Placements®
Type of Business:
R 10 000 to R 37 400 p.m.
SOUTH-AFRICAN RESIDENTS ONLY!!!
To provide strategic Direction, Management and Execution of Internal Audit activity related to Integrated Management System of a Phosphate Company.
· Update the Internal Audit Charter in compliance with Audit Committee and as per the standards of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
· Accuracy of the Audit Committee Charter.
· Allocate parts of the audit plan to Auditors and direct the development of detailed audit assignments including the methodology, process and resources needed to carry out the audit assignment with a view to ensuring the systematic and efficient conduct of the assignment.
· All components of the audit plan are converted into audit assignments.
· Review the Audit programs to ensure adequate and comprehensive coverage of the audit objectives.
· Audit Programs are comprehensive in their coverage and comply with professionally sound methodology and standards.
· Review the audit reports for each program to ensure they are comprehensive and accurate in their key observations and findings, address the main audit concerns and provide value added recommendations for improvements.
· % recommendations implemented.
· Update and maintain the internal Audit manual in order to establish standards and methodology to guide the effective conduct of internal audit assignments.
· Continuous update of the internal Audit manual.
· Update the internal Audit Charter in compliance with Audit Committee and as per the standards of institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
· Number of updates every year.
· Review the allocation made to Auditors.
· Finalise the allocation made by Audit with Supervision given by the Internal Audit Supervisor.
· Allocated audit plan for the year.
· Develop the annual risk based Audit plan for systematic coverage of all high risk areas in Finance, Operations and Information Systems, with a view to ensuring adequate internal controls are in position to mitigate the risk.
· Approved audit plan covering all high risk areas is in position.
· Direct Auditors in the conduct of audit field work in order to ensure the audit programs are conducted in line with Audit plans.
· Compliance with Audit plan.
· Apprise the external auditors about the key findings of internal Audit in order to support the external audit with complementary advice and in the process evaluate the performance of external audit.
· Variance in findings between internal and external audit.
· Apprise the Audit Committee through monthly and annual reports about the progress of the Internal Audit plan and highlight any variations with reasons to brief them on scope limitations, significant risks, and any other significant concerns like poor follow up on implementation of audit recommendations.
· Variance with Audit plan.
· % implementation of audit recommendations.
· Actively communicate with all managers across all departments to ensure that they are aware of the company’s risk management philosophy and all relevant policies so that all plans are implemented in a consistent manner and the assets of the company are safeguarded.
· Frequency of communication.
· Audit of compliance to risk management policy.
· Form, maintain and leverage relationships with representatives of regulatory bodies so that the company maintains an awareness of all currents and proposed regulations/legislation and is given the opportunity to state its business case in appropriate forums.
· Quality of relationships.
· Awareness of current and proposed regulations.
· Direct the development and oversee the implementation of operational policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of Internal Audit activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
· Internal Audit departmental policies, methodology and best practices are documented.
· Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Internal Audit department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude. Provide commentary on any variance in safety, environment and quality versus standards for the benefit of functional management.
· Frequency of ISO 9001 non-compliance points.
· Frequency of ISO 14001 non-compliance points.
· Frequency of LTI’s, safety incidents and near misses. Violation to the company policies and procedure.
· Audit Committee – Functionally& Obtain approval to annual audit plans.
· Manager, Total Quality Management – Administratively.
· Departmental Heads -Report Audit findings and Improvement Opportunity.
· External Auditors- to provide support for annual audit.
· Government Auditors for clarifications as needed in coordination with related Department.
· Professional bodies e.g. Saudi Certification of Public Accountants (SOCPA), to keep abreast of changes in the profession, etc.
· All company operations at MPC Facilities for IMS Audits.
· Determines the scope and coverage of the annual audit plan and makes judgements on what should be reported to the Board or not, based on materiality.
· Decides the allocation of staff to various audit assignments, or audit work to be outsourced.
· Some decisions relate to observations, findings and recommendations to improve internal controls and the efficiency of processes or mitigate risk.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or
· University degree in an accounting/ with 10 years’ experience including 2 years of Internal Auditing or
· Fully qualified accounting professional
· CIA/equivalent with 4 years of Internal Auditing experience as Chief Audit Executive
· 5 years’ management/supervisory experience.
· Thorough knowledge of modern computerised auditing techniques.
· Sound understanding of the company’s business and its key business processes.
· Sound knowledge of company’s financial reporting processes and accounting practices.
· English Language
· Health & Safety Systems
· Knowledge of Policy & Procedure
· Quality Management Systems
· Time Management
· Environmental Management Systems
· Financial Awareness
· Data Gathering & Analysis
· Negotiation –
· PC knowledge
· Presentation skill.
· Written Communication
· Financial Accounting
· Performance Execution Culture
· High Performance Team Work
· Operations Excellence
· Empowerment & Decision Making
· Analytical Thinking
· Business Understanding
· Conceptual Thinking
· Customer Service Orientation
· Organisation Awareness.
· Organisation Alignment & Change Management
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com