Website Execz Exeutive Placements®
Execz Exeutive Placements®
Type of Business:
R 10 000 to R 37 400 p.m.
SOUTH-AFRICAN RESIDENTS ONLY!!!
To provide effective and timely maintenance solutions for ensuring world class reliability and availability of Electrical assets in MPC plants. To pro-actively maintain and continuously improve systems, plant and assets to meet Health, Safety & Environment standards, Industry standards and Production requirements.
· Takes up detailed studies and investigations to eliminate chronic issues and bad actors affecting Electrical assets in plants. Keep tracking the recommendations until completion of implementation.
· Provides technical expertise for Electrical maintenance practices, standards and procedures. Assist in developing Predictive and Preventative Maintenance plans and procedures for all Electrical equipment.
· Conduct reliability evaluation of critical electrical assets by monitoring and analysing the operational data, maintenance records and equipment trends and recommend changes as appropriate in maintenance strategies.
· Contributes to the development of Predictive and Preventative Maintenance strategies and procedures for all Electrical equipment, and provide technical expertise for Electrical maintenance activities, standards and procedures.
· Study of Electrical systems for obsoleteness and performance degradation.
· Lead/participates investigations into Electrical failures or incidents to identify root causes. Produce written reports documenting the failure, cause and preferred solution by which similar failures or incidents may be prevented.
· Communicates and coordinates with vendors and experts for study and recommendations on specific problems related to plant Electrical devices ageing or other system performance problems.
· Monitors maintenance strategy and history in Oracle, analyse chronic failures and recommend right actions to all concerned groups to improve the system/asset performance.
· Field visits in relation to machinery health audits. Attend periodic meetings with plant operation and maintenance personnel to discuss chronic issues and bad actors resolution.
· Coordinates with other reliability sections to assist in determining and predicting electrical assets’ life using appropriate reliability tools, such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Mean time between failures (MTBF) and Mean Time To Failure (MTTF), to ensure extended operating life of Electrical assets.
· Conducts reliability evaluation of all critical electrical systems by monitoring and analysing the operational data, maintenance records and equipment trends and recommend changes as appropriate in maintenance strategies.
· Review and evaluate reliability metrics for trends, deviations or indications that improvement actions are required and initiate response and change to negative trends.
· Ensures keeping, maintaining and updating a database of all historical data pertaining to Electrical equipment failures, and assist in analysing failure data and preparing reliability report.
· Participates and ensure quality of jobs performed in turnaround and major shutdown maintenance activities. Review the scope of work for major turnarounds during planning stage.
· Provides technical assistance and trouble-shooting support to maintenance crew for major critical Electrical assets.
· Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Electrical maintenance and reliability.
· Analyses data from equipment history records (Oracle, equipment files, production reports, vendor research) as basis for reliability studies.
· Regular contact with Electrical vendors.
· Works according to well-designed procedures, clearly set procedures or craft standards.
· Work is subject to detailed checks at regular intervals.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Min 15 years’ maintenance experience in Electrical system maintenance/ reliability support in oil refinery / petro chemical / chemicals or fertiliser processing industry including senior supervisory level experience.
· Experience with hazardous area classifications and equipment selection
· Experience in the maintenance and troubleshooting of VFD, Soft Starters, UPS systems, Battery Chargers, Generator Controls, SCADA
· Experience in performing calculations to support coordination, protection relay settings, numerical relay programming etc.
· Experience in latest reliability tools and techniques
· Familiarity with basic electrical components, transformers, switchgear, transmission feeders, sub-stations, motor control centres, drives, motors, and control systems.
· Familiarity with NEC, IEC, IEEE, NEMA and other industrial/regulatory electrical codes and standards
· Worked on or have good general understanding of Oracle, MS Office and good presentation skills. Knowledge of RCM, RCA and reliability statistics will be an added advantage.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; leadership and working through others; conceptual and analytical thinking; managing change and good problem solving skills. Must acquire statistical methods to analyse the data for large data analysis.
· Must be able to work under pressure and give maximum output.
· Requires understanding of best industry practices regarding maintenance activities and work processes.
· Good communication skills in English.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org