Website Kontak Recruitment
Jnr Support Engineer (MKT61)
Faerie Glen, Pretoria
R10 000 – R13 000 per month
Position immediately available for a Junior Support Engineer, applicants must be in possession of a valid driver’s license in order to travel to client site when required.
Ideally you should have previous experience in a Microsoft environment, diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues and installing applications and programs.
In this role you would be responsible for resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You need to be comfortable providing support telephonically and via messengers.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a qualification in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
· Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
· Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
· Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
· Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
· Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
· Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
· Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
· Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
· Ensure all issues are properly logged
· Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
· Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
· Prepare accurate and timely reports
· Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
· Maintain jovial relationships with clients
· Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
· Hands-on experience with Windows environments
· Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
· Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
· Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
· Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
Please email CV to [email protected] and quote MKT61 in the subject line
For full spec and to apply online https://www.kontak.co.za/vacancies/jnr-support-engineer
Or apply online at https://bit.ly/37bdn87
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com