The National Department of Tourism through its Expanded Public Works Programme in partnership with other stakeholders has an opportunity for young unemployed graduates to be trained as data collectors for the development of a National Tourism Information and Monitoring System
Criteria for acceptance into the programme
- South African citizens
- Between 18 and 35 years of age
- Should at least be in a possession of a minimum NQF level 5 Qualification (Degree, National Diploma, or higher qualification in Tourism, Statistics or Related Field)
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo an interview process
- It is the intention of the department to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) through training opportunities.
NB: Priority will be given to youth who have never taken part in similar public and private sector programmes, including learnership, internship and EPWP programmes, amongst others.
How to apply
Applications close on 17 November 2017
If you meet the above criteria, register your CV with the Department of Labour database. (Employment System of South Africa: ESSA). To register your CV on ESSA, you must have an email account.
- ? Go to www.labour.gov.za
- ? Go to online services and click onEmployment Service of South Africa.
- ? You will be redirected to ESSA online, then click on Register Individual.
- ? Accept the terms and conditions and click submit and then click next.
- ? Fill in ID number, Surname, E-mail address in the text fields.
- ? A new password will be sent to your email address.
NB: Login/User name is your ID number. Password generated by the system includes special characters such as @#$^%:* at the beginning of the password.
If you have not received a response within one month after the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Department of Labour: [email protected] | 012 309 4154 | 012 309 4379
- Department of Labour: [email protected] | 076 983 8905
- Department of Tourism: [email protected] | 012 444 6390 / 6368